Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reflection

The knowledge I have gained from the research on my person of virtue is that St. Francis lived his life in poverty even though he had everything.  At first Francis was living a very wealthy lifestyle because his dad was a very rich cloth merchant.  But one day when Francis was praying, Christ was talking to him and told him to repair his church.  So Francis took cloth from his dad’s shop and sold them to gain the money to repair the church.  But when Francis’ dad found out about this, he made Francis return all his money.  He also gave his dad all the clothes his dad gave him and soon he was left with nothing.  He told his dad that he is no longer his father but now God is his father in Heaven.  Francis did something he knew he shouldn’t have done but he did it for a good cause.  St. Francis’ life decisions have inspired me to live these beatitudes in my own life because St. Francis lived these beatitudes throughout his entire life and in return he was taken to heaven when he died.  It inspires me because I know that if I want to go to heaven then I must live these beatitudes that St. Francis lived.  Some challenges or difficulties that I might have living out these beatitudes is that I might not be able to give everything that I have to the needy but I can give things that I don’t need and that they need to them.  Some things that St. Francis did, I might not be able to do, but I can do small things similar to what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment